Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hong Kong Chronicles: My New Schnau-tese

What, you may ask, is a Schnau-tese? It is a formerly cute Maltese...




Who's coat has grown long and matted and whose mama can't find a groomer on the island...yet...


And whose mama decided to remodel the Maltese by tackling the grooming issue on her own.




This is three sessions with a scissors and a clippers later...

With the Maltese not letting the mama groom her legs or her belly...



She looks like a white Schnauzer. The above is actually the improved version! I was so embarrassed with the haircut the first day, I didn't take her out until it was dark. I didn't want anyone to see how awful she looked. Molly, on the other hand, was blissfully ignorant of her homeliness. Or, as she says it, "What? Why are you laughing? I'm still hot stuff!"


Here is one week later...I have been trimming a little every day...a snip on the leg here, a clip under the belly. I can see this is going to be an on-going process. I think she's starting to look a little like a Jack Russell terrier now.



And for the record...Molly and I have had a discussion and she decided she liked being an only child. Actually, the "discussion" went more like this...

Molly gets excited to see all the neighbor dogs. Molly meets a little rescue Maltese and is particuarly excited. Mama takes Molly to visit the rescue Maltese and see if she would like company.


Molly ignores the rescue Maltese.


I guess it's just me and one Malt!

No comments:

Post a Comment