Saturday, March 8, 2008

Studio Time: First Real Session in Two Months!

Sighhh.....as, in a good sigh. This is the first REAL torch session I've done in two months. TWO months. I set up my Creation Station and 20-lb MAPP gas tank. I had been using the 1-lb tanks and would have to stop and take breaks. Oooh, I love the 20-lb tank...continuous torching!

Right before I left on a business trip in January, I had just developed a decent technique with encasing and doing a Morning glory floral on top. So, based on the results of tonight's session, I think I'm going to narrow my focus and develop new techniques slowly...The Morning Glory beads are going to be a new staple. These are my first good precision beads. And since mod dots are still in fashion, I'm going to continue doing different color Peacock Poppy Dots style. I'm also going to go back to focusing on a color set. I have a bunch of beads that are similar, but not really part of a set. I like sets.

I experimented for a while at the beginning of my session. I'm bad about peeking...also my experiments made me say, "eh..." But, the above two styles make me tingle. I think these beads are worthy. I feel good about the base style of beads I have to offer now and I'll build on those. It's funny - I can't seem to do stringer very well. I started off well with stringer decorations and was horrible with dots. So, I focused on dots, am getting some decent precision with them, but now I'm terrible with stringer. I'm hoping the Creation Station will help me out with that because it helps me hold my hand steadier.

I'm not sure if I'm going to try to make sets of the beads I have or just post them as assorted...haven't made up my mind yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment