Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Creative Finds: Polymer Artist - Rebecca at Arty Becca

Ah, the generous artists who don't mind stopping to peer over my virtual shoulder and offer a word of encouragement or advice! When it was glass, Ms. Laura Sparling of Beads by Laura would stop by to help me with encasing. Oy...still not consistently successful with the technique, but becoming much less mysterious as a result of her suggestions and her online tutorials.

Now that I'm sprouting feathers in polymer clay, Ms. Rebecca of ArtyBecca has kindly dropped by to offer some words of advice on finishing my polymer clay pieces. It's often those tiny little things that make the most difference in the actual practice. Sure...you can buy the books and tutorials and follow them carefully. (Which, as you may have realized, I usually don't follow the project...I'm more about following the technique.) But, it's those perfectly refined points that make the world of difference and move your work up the notch you've been laboring so hard over. Which is what Rebecca did to help me with finishing...getting fingerprints out, shaping, and buffing for a shine. Thank you so much, Rebecca!

Check out her work in ArtyBecca's Etsy store. With Rebecca's permission, I'm posting photos of her current listings in her Etsy store. The photos in this post are two of my favorites. Click the photos to take you directly to the listings. Her beads are hand-formed...so beautiful...



3 comments:

  1. AW - thanks for your kind words, Jenn. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the nice words, Jenn! Regarding finishing, I have a long way to go myself. I just bought one of SCDiva's faux jade pendants and it is so smooth it looks like glass! She has a tutorial on finishing on her etsy site and I think I need to get it.

    ReplyDelete