Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Artfully Meandering: Resurfacing


When I returned to the States, I got to do something I've always wanted to do...see the Southwest. I drove from LA to Dallas and met my dad there and we drove the rest of the way (he did) to South Carolina. I have SOOOO much to say I really don't know where to start. I'm feeling adrift. I don't know where I'm going to live yet. I don't know where my job will be. But, I do know my headaches have reduced considerably. To the point where I had one on Tuesday. And none the rest of the time. The decision to come back was good.
As for the Southwest, I drove through Arizona (desert mountains) and New Mexico (higher altitudes...as in snow was on the ground) and just fell in love with it. As I knew I would. I have many more pictures. I spent a few days in Albuquerque and found a darling bead shop. I'm working on a seed bead soup I made (inspired by Beverly Ash Gilbert's soups) with Amazonite nuggets as the anchor. I'm loving working on it so far. It's not far enough along for a picture. But, I thought I'd surface and give you just a hint of where I've been.

4 comments:

  1. Hiya Jenn, I can't say welcome back to the US as I'm in the UK but I'm so glad to hear about your headaches. The trip back sounds like it has done you a lot of good, too.

    Looking forward to seeing more creations from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELCOME BACK Jenn!!! I'm thrilled to read you traveled through the southwest...you took photos i hope! What a way to end an incredible year & to begin another! HAPPY NEW YEAR & all the best to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU Sue, Nancy, Lori, and Becca. I'm missing HK for some reasons, but happy to be "home" (where the family is in South Carolina) again. I know where to find things! Even though I've never lived in SC (this will make the 8th state I've lived in), it's home because it's where my family is. Now I just have to find my routine. And recover from the migraines...which I seem to be doing. I can't wait to get back to glass!!!

    ReplyDelete