I have a little wrinkle in the launch of my new e-zine. I originally started this process last November / December. I think I googled the name Inspiration Adventures and had not found anyone that had staked a claim to the name. During the delay in launching the first issue, the domain name was obtained up by a photographer who just launched a blog this June.
I decided to look at this as a great opportunity to come up with a smashing new name for the zine. So I am holding a naming contest.
- A print copy of Inspiration Adventures
- The e-book version of Brandi Hussey's new color e-book, Understanding Color: Color Theory Made Easy
- The e-book version of Beverly Ash Gilbert's new e-book, Artful Color for Creative Projects
Oh, yes! These are definitely books you want in your art library!
There will be two winners
- Everyone who suggests a name will be put into a drawing for a prize package for each name suggested
- The person who suggests the winning name will also receive a prize package
If I have a hard time choosing the name, I will put my final choices out for a vote.
My brainstorms so far
I have been brainstorming on my own, but none of what I am starting with has been resonating with me. I'll throw out some of the ideas I have below to hopefully spark some fab names from you. I have been learning Mandarin Chinese for 10 years. My studio name, Kanna, is from the term Look!
- "Jili" is one I am playing with. It's not quite the definition of inspire that I wanted - this one means encourage and motivate. The other word "guwu" didn't look as comfortable in English. The other issue with Jili is that if you say it with the wrong tone, you could mean something very different.
- I ran a newsletter for a few months called The Kanna Spark
- I've been playing around with Art Inspiration or Art Inspired
- My brain works like fireworks when I have ideas going on
So, can you help me out? Thank you so much in advance!