Monday, May 2, 2016

Studio Time: Getting that giddy feeling

Have you ever been doing studio time and you start getting giddy about the work you're creating? Yeah. I'm there today. Even when it's simple, I'm learning ways to improve the quality, be consistent, and continuing to experiment with carved beads.

This is the latest piece I created. It was originally going to be a single two-stranded necklace. But, one of the things I love about creating jewelry is making it flexible. So instead of creating a single two-strand necklace, I created two different necklaces that can be stacked on top of each other to create a lush bouquet of buds in the center.





Here they are separately. The colors are all mixed up so you can wear them with multiple outfits.



Now that I'm creating, my mind is brimming with ideas and I can't wait to execute them all. I have some textured beads that are turning out EXACTLY as I wanted them to. I'll share those in a future post.

Do you get on a roll with creating work you absolutely love? 

No comments:

Post a Comment