Sunday, August 5, 2007

Studio Time: Breakthrough

So, do you have to have failures to have a breakthrough? Here is my work for the past week the bottom three pictures don't have any I like. I kept trying things out but didn't get anywhere.
Then I was trying to create some beads for Tara to use. She's wearing a lot of black and brown so I wanted to create some jewel tone beads with purples, green, and ambers. But, the transparents turned out too dark. They look okay together in a string, but you don't see any details.

But, then I had my breakthrough! I planned out the colors realizing I needed high contrasts. In such small surface area, you need high contrast to see the detail. I'm taking a wire-wrap class today and some of the may end up in jewelry. They are pinks, purples, white and reddish brown. The rounds are round, the dots are better, the swirls are primitive but decent, and I even created LENTIL shapes. I had been hating the lentil



.

No comments:

Post a Comment