Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Studio Time: I've wandered over to the reactive side

And encasing side. Tonight's practice was on encasing and reactives. Sigh. I give up. Reactives just make the beads so stunning.

So, Smudgkat / MoonKatty (the only other person who reads my blog), is there a way to recover an encasing gone bad? I have a few encased beads that are pretty good. I'm getting a little better with the technique. But, I notice that sometimes if I don't keep the encasing close together, the base bead will bleed through and smudge the encasing attempt. Can you go back and add more glass? Or is it already ruined?

1 comment:

  1. Well, I've made my share of questionable encased beads. I did find a way to save an iffy one the other day and I really liked the result. I can't really describe it except to say that it is now quite organic and looks as if I purposely created it. Perhaps I did!

    ReplyDelete