Monday, July 7, 2014

Studio Time: New work coming soon! A preview

I'm settling happily into Jacksonville, Florida. I'm near my family AND I'm near the beach! I still miss my everyday adventures of living in Hong Kong, but I can create adventures anywhere. 

I've only been here three weeks, but I'm already breaking out the art supplies. I've been creating jewelry and creating designs. Today's post is a peek at just one of the upcoming designs. 

I've been ruminating on my design aesthetic. One of the stops to my core design style is the country style. I have to admit: I'm a sucker for plaids and gingham. I find a warm, homey appeal in that design. I'm really pleased with the plaids in this collection. I've been challenging myself and trying to incorporate aspects of the southwestern design that I find appealing such as texture and organic lines.

Below is a single print from the collection: Orange.



The collection is targeted for release August 1! I will have the fabrics in my Spoonflower shop, these prints will be available in different sizes in my Artfire shop. I'm working on some other products to accompany this particular collection. I'll be sharing bits and pieces of the upcoming collection over the next few weeks. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment