Saturday, March 5, 2016

Studio Time: Time to establish my art habit

I had an art session for the first time in. Um. A really, really, really long time. I had done some polymer clay as small gifts when I went to Australia in 2014 (just purse pulls and book mark tassels and a few pins, nothing fancy). They didn't have to be super artsy or sales worthy. But, it's been over a year since I've made any art. 

Wow. 

I hadn't realized it had been that long. I started buckling down on my business last year, getting foundations laid - working with an attorney, setting up my LLC, filing copyright, getting registered properly, etc. That took me a lot longer than I expected. 

Then, I decided I need an inspiring space to work in. I feel like I moved in three times to the place I'm renting. It's taken me the year and a half of moving things around until I finally feel like it really fits the way I live and work. I also spent six months KonMari-ing my home and I swear by her method. Although, I have to admit I ended up getting more stuff - but I only got stuff I loved and I did also get rid of a lot of stuff. It really did take all of the six months she said it would take to get everything done. 

Now I feel quite settled in my place. It just needs a good scrubbing now. A home tour will be in order possibly next week. 


Anyway, this is the first thing I've made in a long long time. I was hoping to be able to make some simple earrings. It started off promising. But ended up as a fail because I didn't make it strong enough. I see potential. And I always learn from my failures. But, I also have to remember... it's okay to fail. This is just a springboard for learning what not to do! 


No comments:

Post a Comment