Monday, February 2, 2009

Studio Time: The Kitchen Sink Necklace

Hey, y'all! I've had a few moments to play with some glass beads and turned them into this "Kitchen Sink" necklace...basically it's a whole bunch of glass beads I had laying around and I put them into one necklace. I bought one of Endangered Creations Green India beads last year. This year I bought the set she had and I put them all into this necklace. There are three focals in this necklace and it's deliberately unbalanced to cause you to wear it a little differently every time. I have also included a series of my own spacers and beads that were a result of my Sarah Hornik Think Pink lessons.

I'm experimenting with my photography and wanted to see what you thought about the direction I'm heading. I find I love to read blogs that have really gorgeous photography in addition to the jewelry. I was just playing with the backgrounds and lighting. These were photographed on my couch with natural light filtering in through the background. I have one of the focals in the foreground of each.





This photo was playing with props, backgrounds, and flash. I don't care for the flash, but I like the props and background. The background is a painting I haven't hung up yet...it might be a little too bold for a regular background, but I like the idea of it. I also like the props instead of bust. I will probably use a bust to give proportion and show how the jewelry lays, but for beauty shots, I like this. Thoughts? Suggestions? Feedback?

Cute Alert! And finally, Molly is settling into her Hong Kong routine. She always love to lay out in the grass in the back yard in Texas. Now we have a nice, long porch and she love to sit and watch the goings-on below.




3 comments:

  1. The necklace is absolutley gorgeous! The photography shows it off really well. I got a new camera for Christmas and I've been experimenting with it. I'm not naturally a great photographer but i'm learning slowly. I also intend on buying a bust soon but yeah as you said simply to show how it falls and not for the main beauty shot.

    Take care
    April

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, April! I am not a natural photographer either, but once you've taken your first 1,000, you'll find a few you like. And that's the beauty of digital...take pictures to your hearts content until you figure out what you like. And then experiment some more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do that. I take 1000 and get one or two good ones. That's why I bought an extra large memory card!

    ReplyDelete