I had JUST (aka yesterday) created new domain names with Yahoo Web Hosting. I was trying out their design tools and very frustrated with both. There is a basic tool that has some nice clean templates, but limited functionality. There is a more advanced tool, but out of 380 templates, none was the nice clean one I liked.
[Brain wheels clanking.]
Then, I was reading Moon Katty Studios blog, poking around her links and came across a blog that lists valuable tools for start-ups.
Result: I'm in the process of evaluating a web host with a great content management tool (so far so good). I'll write about it later if I really end up using it.
In the meantime, I will tease you with my plans...
- I was a smidgen (okay, a lot) wary of the Follower feature of Blogspot. Now that I have 29 followers, I am smitten with this feature. Why? I know my main audience!
- Knowing my audience (the ones who openly follow me), has had my brain cogs churning for some time. If you click through to the followers blogs, they are all fellow lampworkers or jewelry designers/artists. This is really cool!
- However, this presents a conundrum. IRL (In Real Life) business terms, these would be people who are considered my "competitors."
- My assessment is that they are peers.
- So, what do I do for my peers?
- Yep. Still thinking.
- Share my inspirations.
- Yes. You read correctly.
- My inspirations.
You read correctly. One of the new things I will be launching with my new sites will be a newsletter containing what is inspiring me this month. No strings attached. Print it. Forward it. Quote it.
No strings attached. Okay. Except for the part where you link or quote me. After that. It's all yours. And even if you don't credit me, I don't care. I'm not going to police it. I'm just excited to do something new and exciting.
I'm enthralled with my new environment in Hong Kong. I plan to share as much as possible with you.
Here are some snippets of flora...I plan to have poems and prose written for each photo.
If you want a sneak peak at what the newsletter will look like, it's here: at http://www.kanna-glass-studios.com/. This site is the beta. It will be undergoin many changes in the next month until it's where I want it to be.
The next few photos are what the fauna (i.e. wildlife aka me!) are doing on Lantau Island, Hong Kong...I finished the necklace using Laura Sparling's painterly Cogs. I'm so pleased with this necklace. Even though she was hesitant on the presentation (being more painterly than her usual) these beads really, really appealed to my sensibilities. I've finally figured out how to display them in the manner that they should be accustomed to. It's a gorgeous, fun, funky, entertaining piece. Here are a few pix using my new camera with a "Super Macro" feature. I loves the beauty shots it can get for me.
K, y'all. Toodles for now. Just remember: new blog, and new website coming soon! Don't bookmark anything but your brain! Ciao!