Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Studio Time: Blooms

I almost didn't do Blooming in June. I even had a theme worked for it. But, I was struggling with the execution. I didn't have any floral beads. I had some opionated pieces that were wandering off on their own creative path. See! I was planning it! But, jewelry was starting to get it's own ideas.


Somehow, this doogle jogged the final idea for my packaging. I finally buckled down and did my packaging that I've been procrastinating on. I'm coming back to green...green gingham with my graphic flowers inspired by the above doodle and handled with colored pencils, and scanned back in as a pillow.
I almost moved up the July theme of southwest. But, I had an epiphany with the Kristin suggestion for swirl beads.



I’m really excited about my new design for a few reasons. First of all, I read a lot of glass blogs. But I haven’t seen this design anywhere. The swirl design and the floral shape feel unique to me. It feels really nice to have created something solely out of my head out of a combination of my thoughts, techniques, and designs. They aren’t that hard. For that reason, I’m sure they have already been done somewhere else. But I haven’t seen them. So, that’s where it feels good to be a little unique (even if only for a short bit). Beyond that, these beads are so me. They represent the southwest design sensibility that is the epitome of me – clean, uncluttered, simple, and organic. As I develop more skill with the techniques, I’m sure I’ll be able to create a more perfectly formed flower…but, I really like the organic shape.


Tucson Bead Set




Blushing Bloom Pendant
My Artfire store got reset and needs to be updated. The bead set and pendant will be in the Artfire shop sometime this weekend. Have a great day, y'all!

1 comment:

  1. Jenn, so that's where my inspiration has gone... it's moved on to 'inspire' other artists (see my blog to understand that comment!). You know I love these beads, don't you. Can't wait for my swirl beads to arrive.
    Kristin :)

    ReplyDelete