Sunday, June 7, 2009

Studio Time: Striking Sapphire

The glass beads are these unbelievably gorgeous Sapphire blue by Creation is Messy. Even though these were simple spacers, they are strikingly gorgeous. I've been planning to do a simple pairing with silver. I had done 12 inches of the spacers and wire-wrapped eye-loops. Then I got distracted with the new barrel weave from Urban Maille. I did 24 inches of the barrel weave and they landed next to sapphire beads... hmmmm... rather than finish either off as separate necklaces, I finished them off as a spectacular 36 inch opera-length necklace.




Complementary earrings.

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous colour blue - defiantely my kinda blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, BeadyPool and Moon Katty! I did a "test-wear" of this necklace and it's really striking. It' a good "staple" piece.

    ReplyDelete